Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Program’s mission statements share with public through its website ( http://www.mme.itu.edu.tr/en/abet-en/ ). In addition, our freshman students are being informed every year in “MET 101 Introduction to Metallurgy and Materials Engineering and Enginering Ethic” course and this information is given to each student in written form.
The missions of our program (PMs) are to offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering students:
- PM-1: who have the ability to conduct research, determine and develop the properties of existing engineering materials and to carry out research and development activities on new engineering materials,
- PM-2 who are equipped with the knowledge of new technologies in the production, processing and protection of the engineering materials which will contribute to new product and process design,
- PM-3 who will be able to work in the production, application and R&D aspects of pertinent national and international industries and research institutions,
- PM-4 who are creative and have a sound understanding of continuous development,
- PM-5 who are conscientious of quality and environmental issues and ready to apply and use these concepts in their professional lives,
- PM-6 who possess social, ethical and economic responsibilities,
- PM-7 who can conduct scientific and applied research at the international level to contribute to the advancement of science and technology.
The department has close relationships with people and institutions that can help it to realize its program educational objectives defined in the mission.