The ITU Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department, acknowledging its departmental culture, based on 40 years of experience, has manifested its very desire to capture the future and develop continuously in its vision.
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department, for the prosperity and well-being of our country, emphasizes
- humanistic and societal values,
- the concept of continuous development,
- the global qualities of science, and
- a modern education culture and values
as its base, with the education provided for its students in the undergraduate curriculum, as well as its M.Sc. and Ph.D. students in the area of metallurgical and materials engineering. The Department has always been one of the leading institutions in its field in Turkey and aims to keep its position through continuous progress and improvement with its scientific and applied researches, and act as a science and technology centre both
- producing knowledge which will help to shape today’s and the future’s technology on a national and international level, and
- spreading this knowledge throughout society via national and international publications.